This and that Monday

Went into Anniston and paid some bills a bit after noon today, then as per usual went down to the Salvation Army Thrift Shop. Picked up some books, another pot for the coffee maker (at a buck tis good to have a spare), and an amplifier that ended up with a friend right after getting it home.

From there went by the Anniston Library and got a pile of books from their new bookstore. Several new and some used hard backs at $2 each which is better than some of the thrift stores here lately.

Went north and by the school supply store and got some book tape and rubber cement to repair books with.

Then it was home to eat and afterwards Steve B. came by to pick up the amp. I had called him from the Army and he had gone down there and picked up a couple of other pieces that we had talked about. He left to go walk the dogs and we headed out to the Westpoint Thrift Store where I got a couple of broken lamps and Cat got a piece of glass and some more books.

Headed into Jacksonville to Sav-A-Lots and picked up a few things, then headed home as I got rather ill and had to go to bed for about 2 hours. I think it was from something in the grocery store. As their prices are going up we haven’t been shopping there as much lately, but if I have another spell like this afternoon from going in there, I suspect it will no longer be on our shopping list. Got dizzy within 2 minutes of going into the store and got to feeling more and more nauseous the longer we were in there.

Anyway after getting back up still feeling rough but at least able to be upright, fixed and ate supper and then sat down to the computer for a bit. Gonna go back upstairs and read for a short while and then call it a night. Till tomorrow… šŸ˜‰


Tags: ,

One Response to “This and that Monday”

  1. Steve Goodwin Says:

    Sounds like a day of it. I am not as sensitive to certain things as you are, but there are places I go that bother me also. For some reason my eyes water at church–and No, I don’t think it’s because I’m going to sleep, they just seem to water after I have been in the sanctuary for more than 15 or 20 minutes. Maybe it’s what they clean the carpet with or something, but it can be very irritating. I have been in some stores like that also, and generally haven’t gone back. Life is fun enough without adding unnecessary irritation–there is enough NECESSARY irritation already…

    My Monday was a Monday. Went hither and yon at the elementary school to begin with, got some things fixed, did some outrageous workarounds on some others, and flat gave up on a couple of things until Google and myself can work it out. Did lunch and went to the high school where I set up a computer for a teacher (byte by byte eats the elephant). Then helped my boss set up some stuff for a “technology demonstration”, I guess you would call it. The school board and city council had a joint meeting, and an Apple rep showed them how the students could use the Macbooks we got to do podcasts. Pretty neat, and I think they got the point that the technology could be put to good use in the classroom. Then one of the elementary teachers showed some of what she is doing with technology. It went pretty well. Got out of there about 7:30, and I was pooped. Went home, had turkey sandwiches, and just watched TV and went to bed.

    Another day now. Whoopee! Have a good one!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: